Located in Seattle, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Seed IP is one of the country's leading intellectual property law firms. We're a dynamic, team-oriented firm that maintains a professional and well-balanced working environment. At Seed IP, you will work one-on-one with attorneys who have the background and experience needed to represent a diverse client base in all areas of intellectual property. We invite you to be a part of the exciting, fast-paced world of intellectual property law at Seed IP.
In this position you will report to the Controller and be responsible for producing consolidated financials monthly and robust financial reporting packages for management. A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Work closely with the accounting team to ensure that all month-end close processes are performed accurately and timely. Ensure the efficient, timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and reporting packages.
• Prepare monthly internal reporting packages, including actual vs budget variance analysis
• Ad-hoc Management report preparation
• Fixed asset accounting and reconciliation
• Bank reconciliations & cash forecasting
• Balance sheet reconciliations and research to resolve discrepancies on a monthly basis
• Prepare journal entries as required for all areas of responsibility
• Prepare and file business license applications/renewals, and unclaimed property reports
• Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
• Work with outside CPA firm, providing information required to produce annual financial statements
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions and approaches for problem solving and decision making
• Proficient in Excel including Pivot tables, V-lookups and formulas
• Ability to work with little supervision and to make appropriate decisions
• Ability to process work with a high level of accuracy
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to establish priorities and organize efficiently
• Enthusiasm for learning and demonstrates initiative
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, able to prioritize projects and multi-task
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and ability to adhere to deadlines
• 3-5 years Accounting experience with some public accounting experience; BA in Accounting
• CPA a plus
• Professional Services experience a plus
• Experience with legal accounting software programs and Excel required; Tableau and SQL experience are a plus.
Seed Intellectual Property Law Group offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. Seed IP is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Seed IP Law Group is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. We recognize this commitment is key to the creativity and innovation that are so important to the continued success of our people and our firm. Our firm has and will continue to benefit from diversity and inclusion as core values.Learn More
Seed IP is one of the leading intellectual property firms in the Pacific Northwest, with national and international reach. Please see the list below for just some of the various accolades and honors recently bestowed upon the firm and its attorneys.