Located in Seattle, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Seed IP is one of the country's leading intellectual property law firms. We're a dynamic, team-oriented firm that maintains a professional and well-balanced working environment. At Seed IP, you will work one-on-one with attorneys who have the background and experience needed to represent a diverse client base in all areas of intellectual property. We invite you to be a part of the exciting, fast-paced world of intellectual property law at Seed IP.
Seed IP is seeking a highly qualified Foreign Patent Paralegal to join its Patent Department. In this role, you will partner with patent attorneys and agents to support client patent needs around the world, including PCT filings.
To ensure success as a Foreign Patent Paralegal, you should be well versed in patent filings and prosecution procedures outside of the United States. An outstanding patent paralegal will be a team player who is comfortable collaborating with others, internally and externally. This position reports directly to the Foreign Patent Supervisor.
• Coordinate with foreign associates to file foreign patent applications in multiple countries, assist practitioners throughout prosecution, and maintain foreign patent files and docket
• Independently manage evolving caseloads and work with practitioners to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner
• Draft and/or send correspondence and reminders to clients, practitioners, and foreign associates
• Prepare and file PCT applications in various Receiving Offices, including the IB; familiarity with PCT-Safe and e-PCT highly preferred
• Handle and coordinate all aspects of worldwide assignment or name changes across multiple matters and multiple jurisdictions
• Delegate and oversee work assigned to department assistants and other staff as needed to maintain accuracy of data and increase efficiency in producing high quality work product
• Ensure electronic files are kept current by timely saving communications and related information to the file
• Time entry of billable and non-billable work; review foreign associate invoices to ensure accuracy
• Complete special projects as needed, including assignment, file intake, and transfer out projects
• In-depth knowledge of foreign patent laws and procedures, especially PCT filings; 3-5 years of foreign patent prosecution required
• Knowledge of foreign patent databases (PATENTSCOPE, eSpacenet)
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
• Exquisite attention to detail, including excellent proofreading skills
• Desire to collaborate and grow as part of a supportive team
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Products, especially Outlook and Excel
• Familiarity with IP document management and docketing software (iManage & CPI preferred)
Seed Intellectual Property Law Group offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. Seed IP is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Seed IP Law Group is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. We recognize this commitment is key to the creativity and innovation that are so important to the continued success of our people and our firm. Our firm has and will continue to benefit from diversity and inclusion as core values.Learn More
Seed IP is one of the leading intellectual property firms in the Pacific Northwest, with national and international reach. Please see the list below for just some of the various accolades and honors recently bestowed upon the firm and its attorneys.