Located in Seattle, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Seed IP is one of the country's leading intellectual property law firms. We're a dynamic, team-oriented firm that maintains a professional and well-balanced working environment. At Seed IP, you will work one-on-one with attorneys who have the background and experience needed to represent a diverse client base in all areas of intellectual property. We invite you to be a part of the exciting, fast-paced world of intellectual property law at Seed IP.
Seed IP is seeking a highly qualified Legal Assistant to support patent attorneys and agents with all aspects of U.S. patent prosecution. In this role, you will be actively involved in client matters, preparing and filing a variety of documents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and collaborating with practitioners and colleagues to provide clients with the highest level of service.
To ensure success as a Legal Assistant, you should be familiar with U.S. patent filing procedures, rules, and processes, able to focus on the big picture and the minute details, and possess exceptional organizational and prioritization skills. An outstanding Legal Assistant will be a team player who enjoys problem solving and constant learning.
• Prepare and file provisional and non‐provisional patent applications, office action responses, issue fees, missing parts, and other USPTO documents via EFS‐Web and/or PatentCenter
• Prepare and record patent assignments, powers of attorney, and other formal documents
• Review dockets, track deadlines, and work with practitioners to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner
• Draft and/or send correspondence and reminders to practitioners and clients
• Understand and follow client protocols, USPTO rules, and Seed IP policies and procedures
• Delegate and oversee work assigned to department assistants and other staff
• Prepare status, docket, and portfolio reports upon request
• Review matters for prior art and coordinate preparation of Information Disclosure Statements
• Open and update clients and matters and coordinate with support departments to ensure data integrity
• Ensure electronic files are kept current by timely saving communications and related information to files
• Complete special projects as needed, including assignment update, file intake, and transfer out projects
• Well versed with U.S. patent procedures and filings; minimum 2 years of experience with U.S. patent filings
• Familiar with EFS‐Web, PAIR, EPAS, MPEP
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
• Desire to collaborate and grow as part of a supportive team
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Products, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
Seed Intellectual Property Law Group offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. Seed IP is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Seed IP Law Group is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. We recognize this commitment is key to the creativity and innovation that are so important to the continued success of our people and our firm. Our firm has and will continue to benefit from diversity and inclusion as core values.Learn More
Seed IP is one of the leading intellectual property firms in the Pacific Northwest, with national and international reach. Please see the list below for just some of the various accolades and honors recently bestowed upon the firm and its attorneys.