Seed IP Law Group is seeking a Help Desk Technician to be part of our IT team in a growing law
firm in downtown Seattle.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Seed IP Law Group is currently operating in a remote work
environment. However, this will become an on-site position when it is safe to return to the office.
During remote work this position may require infrequent on-site visits under specific circumstances.
The firm will give preference to candidates living in the Seattle metropolitan area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first point of contact and support for all help desk calls, emails, and tickets
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Follow-up and update customer status and information for support cases
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Create documentation for software and hardware processes and procedures
- Train users on company software and hardware platforms
- Participate in a weekly after-hours on-call schedule
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- A highly motivated self-starter who takes ownership of tasks and projects
- Works well individually as well as part of a team
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and teach others
- Top-notch troubleshooting, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- The ability to produce timely, consistent work with high attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with computers, mobiles devices, and software applications
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Windows 10 operating system
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Document Management and ERP applications is a plus
- Familiar with Active Directory, mailbox administration in Exchange
- Foundational network troubleshooting and administration based on the OSI model
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Prior experience with ticketing and issue tracking systems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, customer-focused, collaborative environment required
- 1+ years IT help desk support experience preferred
- A+ certification is a plus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate a computer keyboard, and telephone. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Seed IP Law Group offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.